Having a photo booth at weddings and other special events have grown in popularity and so does the amount of photo booth companies entering the market. For the consumer this is bad and good, you have a larger selection of services and price range but also means there are a lot more non-reputable companies entering the market. For instance a lot of DJ’s are now offering photo booth rentals at discounted prices if you book their DJ services. What happens when the photo booth goes down or paper needs to be changed, can they just walk away from playing music to fix the photo booth? How much experience do they have with photography equipment?
Wow, when I do an internet search for a photo booth company hundreds of them show up, how do I choose the right company? Well, to start off, cheaper is not always better, you want a vendor that will provide a quality product with a reasonable price. After reviewing their websites you should narrow it down to 2-4 companies that serve your area and contact them through email or by telephone. Do they answer the phone when you call? How quickly do they respond to your message? That simply can tell you how good their customer service is.
Once you have contacted your company of choice here are some questions that should be asked.
1. How long have they been in business? You want to choose a company that has been in business for a few years, who has a good track record and has done several events. You want to make sure they will be in business when your event day arrives.
2. Do they have references? A reputable company should be able to provide you with a list of past clients and what their past clients have to say about them. past client reviews
3. Are they Licensed and Insured? Most establishments and venues require vendors to carry insurance.
4. Is there a contract? Will you receive a written contract that states both parties responsiblities?
5. What kind of equipment do they use? Do they use high quality professional grade equipment? Touch screen interface for ease of operation. Do they supply a slide show monitor for guests to view photos during the event? Stay away from
companies that use inkjet printers and webcams.
6. Do they have a back-up plan incase of equipment malfunction? Will there be an attendant or photo booth technician to maintenance the photo booth if something goes wrong. Do they have back-up equipment?
7. What types of packages do they offer and what is included? Do they have a detailed list what is included in their packages, prop box, online gallery, memory book and how many prints will be printed. A lot of companies only print 2 photo strips and 1 will go into the memory book, make sure they will print a photo strip for everyone in the photo. Are there any hidden fees or travel fees?
8. What does their photo booth look like? You just spent thousands of dollars on a beautiful venue, you don’t want something that is going to be an eye sore to your guests. Is the printer out of sight or is set on a table?
9. Do they provide early setup? Your photo booth service may not start intill after dinner, do they setup early so there are no interruptions or do they setup during your dinner? Is your ceremony at the same venue and if so, do you have a photo booth during your cocktail hour? You do not want your ceremony interrupted from someone setting up a photo booth. Do they charge extra for early setup? As stated above, the cheapest price may not be the best deal. Now that you have gathered important facts and information about a few companies, you should now be able to choose which company is best for your Wedding or Special Event.